Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Arduino + canbus + megasquirt = win.



Well few weeks ago I had another look at getting my arduino and an mcp2515 to play nice, not knowing where to start I had a search to see if anyone had made a lib that was easy to understand and found canduino.

Had a play with that and after a few emails back and forth to the owner I had some response from the 2515 Yay!

The next task was to configure the chip to receive messages so after reading the datasheet and the megasquirt can docs 500 times I got a response from the MS2.

After Some more tweeks to the code and plenty of head scratching I set one of my MS2 ecus to can id 1 and connected it to the arduino, switched em both on and hey presto the buffer full led lit up and , some data values were in the serial monitor :)

Now the code is a bit scruffy and getto but its working so far, I need to do some more reading on how to request the rest of the data but its a result.

Few pics of the setup as it is.


more soon!

2 comments:

  1. hi any updates on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you can share your code? I'm trying to do something similar, but I've only read the megasquirt documentation 100 times so far.

    ReplyDelete